Testosterone is a key hormone produced by the Leydig cells of the testicles. In adult men, it plays a key role in brain function, sexuality, muscle strength, healthy bones, red blood cell production, overall mood, and more.
Years of research has found that low Testosterone levels are associated with significant health risks and that achieving a proper level of Testosterone can provide amazing results for man’s optimal health.
Beginning in a man’s 30’s, Testosterone levels begin to decline on average 1% each year. It’s been found that about half the healthy men between the ages of 50 and 70 have Testosterone levels below the lowest levels seen in healthy men between the ages of 20 and 40. This percentage does not take into account other factors that may affect the production of this hormone.
Symptoms of Low Testosterone:
- Decreased libido, desire, or sex drive
- Erectile dysfunction and challenge of maintaining an erection
- Difficulty achieving an orgasm
- Reduced amount of ejaculatory fluid
- Reduced intensity of an orgasm
- Low energy or increased fatigue
- Loss of motivation or passion for relationships, work, or life in general
- Feeling less upbeat, out of tune, or a little blue
- A diminishing sense of well-being
- Reduced muscle bulk and strength
- Poor concentration or memory
- Shrinking testes
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, then you may have low Testosterone levels. Optimal levels of Testosterone should be at the top 25% of the “normal” range in a patient’s specific age bracket. Typically, men begin to experience optimal health once their Testosterone levels get above 650ng/dL.
As a result of restored Testosterone levels, you could expect to experience:
- Increased libido, i.e. your inner hunger and sex drive
- Improved erectile function and penile rigidity
- Improved ejaculatory control and orgasm
- Loss of body fat and added lean muscle
- Increased bone density
- Better cardiovascular health
- Improved brain function, energy, and sense of vitality
To learn more and receive a proper evaluation by our doctors, contact LaSara Medical Group. We will help guide you through the process and testing to determine the right Testosterone replacement therapy for you.
- Call LaSara Medical Group to schedule your evaluation
- Office Visit to receive medical evaluation and blood test order
- Receive blood test from our partner, Quest Diagnostics
- Prescribed Testosterone replacement protocol and analysis from our Doctor